Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Official Update On My Crazy Life

It has been a while since I have posted so, while I have a few spare minutes (about all the free time I do have) I will update you all on the going on in my crazy life:

Life group is in full bloom. I love having everyone over to our house each week. We have just flipped from subject to subject, no definite direction - just letting God show up and do what He wants. We have a wide age group this semester (83 to 20ish) and it has been great. I just love it when God puts the most unlikely people together and they just mesh into an awesome family. And what an amazing family we are.

Audit and tax season are in full swing, just wish I could say the same thing about me. Don’t get me wrong, I love my job (after all it’s the job God gave me), the people are fantastic, as is the pay, but my heart has begun to turn toward other business. The wedding/party planning is bustling, and the photography is booking up pretty fast. I have 16 weddings booked so far (with 4 proposals still out), Senior pictures are also booking rapidly. I have also booked a few conferences that I want to attend along with a couple of classes. Enough about this!

Valentines Day was so special. Doug is so great about planning things out and this year was no different. I arrived at work at 7:30ish and was in full work mode when the front desk called and asked me to come downstairs – they had something for me. I figured that Doug had brought some flowers by the office for me. So I head downstairs and notice that everyone in the office is hanging round the foyer and front hall which is kinda weird for this time of the year. But I just kept walking up the hallway and then I see them. A Barber Shop Quartet, dressed in black slacks, white shirts, red garters and heart shaped buttons. They begin the sing “Love Me Tender” and I cry like a baby. It was so cool, so funny and so sweet. I noticed that several of the ladies were teary eyed as well.

On Friday morning, Doug took me to Odessa to spend the weekend with my parents, and Brenda and Tony (my sweet sister and husband). We had so much fun. We went to their church game night Friday evening and while we were there we sang a few songs. After singing the pastor asked us to sing for Sunday service. Then he asked us to sing two songs for Sunday service. It was pretty cool. Of course we sang the old time songs – Just a Little Talk with Jesus, Jesus is Coming Soon (at the beginning of the service) and It is Well With My Soul (before the message). Some people cried, and some even raised their hands (Baptist Church). After church we went to lunch and the pastor and family were there and we were asked if we would come back and sing at their revival in March. We aren’t for sure, but we are praying about it.

On Tuesday of last week, we became the proud parents of 2 precious young ladies. Many of you might know them, but if you don’t they are Terry Davis’ daughters, Brea and Cheyenne Davis. Their mother was killed last year in the car wreck on S. 14th, where the car went under the 18 wheel truck. Terry is going through some very rough problems and struggles and is unable to take care of the girls at this time. While Doug and I weren’t looking to raise any more children, when asked, there wasn’t any doubt that this was what we were supposed to do. I am not sure if this will be a permanent situation, but if it turns out to be that way, we are at peace with it.

These precious girls have been through a lot in their short lives, and we want to give them the stability and love they need. While it has only been a week they seem to be doing very well. It is our hearts desire for these precious girls to be able to be kids again, enjoying their childhood, for them to know that they are safe and secure, that they will always have clothes to wear, a bed to sleep in, food to eat, and all other necessities they might require. Please remember all of us in your prayers during this time.

OFFICIAL UPDATE - As of this post - Terry plans to officially sign the girls over to us. Yesterday we spoke to our attorney and he suggests we wait one month (to prove our intent to care for the girls and to make sure Terry and/or the girls don't change their minds) and then the papers will be filed to give us permanent custody.

Also, here is my personality test:

Click to view my Personality Profile page

And last but not least - I am going to be a table leader and play alternative percussion again this year at BFW. I am so excited about the whole thing. I just love BFW. How about you?
I know that you have been praying for us during the past week and your prayers have been answered. I would also like to say a special thanks to Annie & James for taking the girls shopping for new clothes this past Saturday! It was such a blessing!! Love you all!!!!


5 comments:

Lydianna Bradford said...

Wendy,
Your post meant so much to me! Brea and Cheyanne were very active in the Overcomer's Club back when Kevin and I did children's ministry and I always had a special place in my heart for both of those girls. When I found out about their mother's death and everything that happened I was so concerned. As they've came to mind I've prayed for them and wondered how they were doing. It was such a joy and blessing for me to read that they will be at your home! I will pray that everything will fall into place and that raising these two girls will be a joy.

Please keep us updated on how this is going....

Unknown said...

IT WAS MY PLEASURE TO TAKE THEM SHOPPING. I HAD LOTS OF FUN.

Brandi Wilson said...

I was so shocked to read that the girls are living with you. I'm so pleased that they will live in a home where they can be children. They will bring youth and life to your home! Thank you for doing this!
Everything else in the post was great to read, but my mid stopped working on the rest after I read that one!

Anonymous said...

i am excited about the bfw as well. i enjoy them so. I love to read your blog... I am so glad those girls are living with you..

MONICA said...

Wendy,
It is so wonderful for you and Doug to open your hearts and home to Brea and Cheyenne, they have been on my heart often and I am blessed to know they will be in a secure and loving home!

I love the valentines story too! I am a sucker for romance. So sweet!