Wednesday, May 22, 2013

FLASH


As a creation of our Heavenly Father, a daughter of the King, and a child of God, I believe we, you and I, are created in the image of our Father God, and we are also an extension of the Father and His personality.  He created us to be uniquely different, whereby no two of us are exactly the same.  It is amazing that He knew us before we even were, He knit us together in our mother’s womb and He loves us, unconditionally.  With that being said, anyone who knows me, knows that I was created with a strong driven personality, an intense desire for learning, a sense for correctness, a protective spirit, a nurturing nature,  an innate ability to be proactive and have an extremely active spirit of discernment in regard to the rights and wrongs of this life, among other things.  Kind of a Joan-of-Arc, meets Wendy (Peter Pan girl), with a little Saint Jude (patron saint of lost causes) thrown in.  Yet, I must admit, there are times when I tend not to be the brightest bulb in the package, if you know what I mean!

I do admit that I have been more than a little helter-skelter, slightly over-whelmed, extremely absent minded, running on auto-pilot, with the attention span of an goldfish (looked it up and yep it’s only 3 seconds) as of late.  However, this past week our precious Dad had a few days of rallying (which allowed breathing room) and on Sunday we were able to attend church.  During the course of the message our Go-Getter preacher pointed out that the enemy would steal/distract or whatever else he could to keep us from the Father.  (ultimate bulb flashing-aww-haa moment!)

First response from me:  Anger! Certainly not at  Go-Getter, but at the devil for his lies.  One of Satan’s lies is to make us think he has more influence in our lives than he has a right to if we belong to the Father.  We walk with the Father, not the devil.  To walk with God the Father is to be aware of His presence and to take great joy in wanting to please Him, to bless Him in response to His goodness toward us.  Walking with the Father means to stay conscious of His presence in our daily life, to keep Him in our thoughts and heart.  It means that He’s on our mind throughout the day and that He will never leave or forsake us.  He is our constant companion, our best friend, our comfort and joy.

Of course I know all of this, yet I was pretty amazed at how slyly the enemy came in and distracted me, again! So enemy - you have been put on notice - this week I will not be helter-skelter, slightly over-whelmed, extremely absent minded, running on auto-pilot and having the attention span of a goldfish.  This week you will not keep me distracted, pre-occupied, exhausted, or too busy because you have been officially evicted from my life.  Now slither on!

This week, I will be the creation, daughter and child my Heavenly Father created me to be.  For I know beyond a shadow of a doubt who I am and whose I am.  I have destiny on my life, I have been called for a purpose, and I will be the brightest bulb in the package!

FLASH

No comments: