Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Calm before the Storm?

Over the past few months I have had a sense of being disengaged. Not from God - but from everything else. I mentioned this at life group a couple of weeks ago and found that several others were feeling the same thing. We discussed why we thought we were feeling this and what actions to take to overcome this. After discussing this and coming up with a game plan I felt some what relieved. First to know that I wasn't the only one feeling this and secondly to know that we were going to take charge of this and be over comers. All week long I sought after God regarding this and during the week it was bits and pieces came to me.

Then last night at group (with several different people) the subject came up again. I shared that I felt like we were in a loll, the calm before the storm so to speak, but that I sensed something big was coming.

I have prayed and meditated on this all day but I still didn't seem to be able to get over the feeling that we are in a loll (kind of like the calm before the storm) and the underlying anticipation of the coming of ???? Notice I said underlying anticipation - not underlying dread!

During my prayer time today God revealed this to me:

What is coming will require much of us individually and as a group. He also revealed that we will be used in a mighty way. The best way to describe this is like we are going to be deployed - called out and called up to the fore front, to be taken out of our comfort zone to STAND (and conquer)! Stand (and conquer) for the Kingdom, to stand (and conquer) for the lost, to stand (and conquer) for the searching, to stand (and conquer) for those seeking, to stand (and conquer) for those who are ill, hurting and confused, to stand (and conquer) for those who have fallen through the cracks, to STAND (and conquer) and all that is required thereon. And when it seems impossible to continue, we will be endowed with super natural strength to STAND (and conquer) longer and bolder than ever before.

He also revealed that while I perceived that I was disengaged (not for God) but everything else - that was exactly what He wanted me to be. When I disengaged from everything else I was able to hear from Him more clearly and deeply.

So, while I wait with great anticipation for what is coming - my game plan is to be more disengaged (from everything else) so that I can hear God more clearly and deeply. And when I am "deployed" I will not be caught unprepared. I will be ready to STAND and when it seems impossible I will continue to STAND.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I've felt checked out or disengaged for a few weeks now, too. Good to know I'm not the only one. I wanted to blame it on hormones getting back to where they should be, but I didn't feel that was it.

Good word!! I'm holding on to that one!!

Anonymous said...

gyou are so awesome Wendy I love reading your blogs.. Right on...

Great Word!!!

Gail Vinson said...

That is such a good word! You put in to words the scattered thoughts and feels that I have had this last week.
Love you Wendy!