Monday, January 21, 2008

My List is Complete

I know I've said this at least a zillion times, but I going to say it again (and again and again) God is so good!
A while back I posted this:". . . a few months ago I began dreaming and believing for several things and that is when my list really began. Here are the things I have the power within me to bring to fruition and by faith I will succeed"
1. My mother's health to improve
2. My brother-in-laws cancer to disappear totally
3. My photography business continue to grow
4. God to provide a place for my photography business
5. My relationship with my son Timothy to be healed.
6. My life group to be returned this semester.
7. Remodeling my home with additions to kitchen, bathroom and extra bedroom
8. Finances to pay for remodeling without going into debt
9. Finances to pay off truck so that we can be totally debt free
10. New computer, with two monitors for photography
11. Continued favor for Doug in his business
12. A nice fall vacation with my sweet husband
13. A closer relationship with God and more understanding of His ways
14. A closer relationship with the people from KLF
And now I would love to update this list.
1. After my mother had to be brought back to life 3 times, the doctors put in a pacemaker and she hasn't died (literally) since then - Her health is slowly returning and she actually was able to come and visit us for the Pecanfest.
2. Some of you already know, but if not, my brother-in-law is CANCER FREE!!! The doctors are baffled -go figure! I spoke to my sister last night and she and Tony are hoping to come and give testimony at KLF and to also thank everyone that prayed for them.
3. Gosh, my photography business is crazy! For the first time I did some advertising (not word of mouth) and I am totally booked with Senior, Christmas, engagement and wedding pictures until next April. Also, I have booked several parties and weddings to plan, coordinate, decorate and cater. This is just an added bonus.
4. The building has been set up, but at this time isn't being used for photography as much as it is being used for all of the photography supplies, wedding-party planning, decorating goodies and props. It is so wonderful to have all of this.
5. Tim and I are doing very well, God has restored our relationship to better than before. He also opened the door for me to be able to witness to my precious son Scott and to be able to help him out during the divorce, which by the way isn't going to happen. God has restored their marriage and it is now in the healing process. Thank you God.
6. Life Group is back - Yes Lord, Yes Lord, Yes!!!! All of my prior people are there and we even have a few new people. God has sent us those that are longing for relationship and it is so fitting, since we are all about relationship! I'm loving it!
7. My house is being remodeled, but not in the way I saw it. Instead of adding a bigger kitchen and extra rooms, God has added more love, more children, more laughter and smiles, more family time, more togetherness, and more crayon art in all of the rooms. It looks like a totally new home.
8. We didn't even have to go into debt to pay for the remodeling job - actually our finances, love and time were multiplied 100 fold.
9. The finances to pay off our truck came about, but also different than I saw it - the truck was wrecked (not to badly) but it couldn't be repaired in time for our vacation - so the dealer made a deal and we now have a new 2008 Titan with a long bed. But the old truck is paid off!
10. The computer is fabulous! I am even getting lessons on PhotoShop CS2 and all it cost was a few piano lessons. A great trade-out of services for me and an even better way to be relational. I'm just loving this!
11. Doug's business is going great guns - they even purchased the Christmas Decor Franchise and he is heading up the decorating crews. One more experiment for them. By the way, he isn't willing to let our home be the model home for Clyde - What's up with that anyway?
12. Our first fall vacation was perfect - so much so that we didn't want to come home. If you have never been to Eureka Springs I highly recommend it. We rode the train, went to Thorncrown Chapel, toured Beaver Dam & Lake, went to Cosmic Caverns, toured the 1998 Crescent Hotel and the 1905 Basin Hotel, saw St. Elizabeth's Catholic Chapel, saw the Christ of the Mountains, attended the Passion Play and History of the Earth Museum, and shopped old town and Fain's Herbacy (as talked about on NPR). We are planning on going back next year!
13. & 14. Like is I said, God is so good! I love our church, worshipping, learning, and growing there. The saying - There is no place like this place, so this must be the place - totally applies. There is no place like this place and I know this is the place for us.
I just wanted all of you to know that by faith my list is completed. I will never be afraid to dream or believe again. I have the power within me and I am created to be a dreamer. I love you all.

No comments: